Please fill out the information below for current members, new potential members must provide 2 references after submitting form. New applicants will be notified. You can also sign up at Paulies Tackle in Montauk in person.
Application: Rules, Regulations, Bylaws
1. This tournament has a catch & release option for participants. Cash and tackle prizes will be awarded to our C&R adult competition. Tackle for youth/kids.
2. Entry fee of $100 for all Adult members (Wader, Wetsuit & Women division) to participate in the heaviest fish for adults (18+) as well as a winner take all prize for each selected division (Wader, Wetsuit, Women).
3. The entry fees will be divided as follows into a winners pot for heaviest striped bass: 75% of fee allocated to overall Adult (1st, 2nd, 3rd finishes), 25% to a selected division (Wader, Wetsuit, Women) each with a winner’s take all 1st place only finish. Winners plaque will be provided for overall adult winner only. Your overall adult entries will be automatically entered to your selected division, only 1 place per angler in overall adult and only 1 selected division per angler (example, you can’t enter wader & wetsuit – choose 1 for the tournament period).
4. Youth/Kids registration (Ages under 18) is free, non-cash prizes will be awarded for the top 3 C&R entries for heaviest striped bass or bluefish. Open to all town of East Hampton residents and family of members.
5. The contest, for the heaviest striped bass (Legal Size) or bluefish (28” min), will begin at 12:01AM on the first day and end at 10:00AM on the last day. Spring: May 20th – July 22nd 2022, Fall: Sept 16th to Nov 22nd 2022. All applications must be submitted online or; provided to a committeeman or Paulie’s Tackle by tournament entry deadline.
6. Paulie’s Tackle and West Lake Marina are the official tackle shops for the tournament to pick up any tackle prizes, C&R affidavits can be dropped off or picked up at Paulies for C&R.
· Note: Please kindly notify a committee member or email [email protected] of your C&R entry within 24 hours.
7. Bait and/or Artificial Lures are allowed. One rod per angler and you must hold it (No Dead-Sticking). Contestants must land their own fish and can only enter 1 fish per day in C&R.
8. Fishing boundaries are all areas within the township of East Hampton only.
9. Open to all present and past members. Any non-members who wish to participate in the contest must provide 2 references below and will be approved by the SurfMasters committee. Committee members for the 2019 tournament are: Atilla Ozturk 631-680-1670, Bill Jakob 631374-9894, Larry Welcome 631-793-7446 and Mike Coppola 631-213-7278.
10. Full rules for catch & release will be provided prior to tournament start date via email and sent to all participating members. Photo and/or signed affidavit of witness and member will be used to accept entries in division. All rules for C&R are subject to change throughout the tournament. Ties go to earliest fish reported. Only 1 fish entered in a 24 hour period.
11. All winners of C & R are subject to lie detector tests at the committee discretion. All decisions of the committee are final. Failure to pass an independent polygraph test will result in loss and termination of winners, are not appealable and no refund of entry fee.
13. Adult Men & Women’s Wader Division Participation Rules
14. Wetsuit Division Participation Rules
15. Kids & Youth Participation Rules